RICHARD VAUGHAN FOR BADMINTON EUROPE COUNCIL
Why I would like to continue as a Badminton Europe Council Member
For the last six years I have had the privilege of being a Non-Executive Director at Badminton Europe. As Chair of High Performance I have taken the concept of the European Centre of Excellence to one of reality, with 26 member associations having players/coaches who have benefited from the centre including over twenty players outside Europe and two players from other Continents on a permanent basis.
Previously I was the CEO for Badminton Ireland, where during my time we:
· Significantly increased funding for the federation through commercial sponsorship and increased government grants;
· Dramatically increased participation;
· And worked with the BWF to pilot and develop both the BWF Shuttletime programme and the BWF Coach Education system;
· Supported several additional development projects in Africa e.g. Uganda and Lesotho for example.
For the past four years I have worked in multiple sports as a senior executive and currently work in the sports marketing space and I would love the opportunity to give back to my own sport that has given me so much. I would like to make sure badminton is played around every corner of Europe, corner, for generations to come.
So how am I going to do that?
· , ensuring the sport is interactive, embracing technology to link the sport to the fan base. Making the game more relevant and exciting for future generations.
· and ensure it thrives in the future with Olympic representation from all of Europe;
I love sport, I love badminton and I come to the sport with a multi layered understanding, with every angle covered and I thank you for your support.
Phone: +44 7940548620
18 Coed Y Pia
Copyright © Richard Vaughan